Welcome to GC44 from the Planning Committee
I am excited to share with all of you an open invitation to start to follow this website and get excited about GC44 in Calgary, Alberta, July 21-25, 2021.
The Planning Committee has been busy securing the venue, creating a theme, and starting the initial planning for our time together. This General Council will feel different from previous ones because we will be in a convention centre in downtown Calgary.
The meeting has been shortened by two days, so I encourage commissioners and other guests to plan for extra days before or after General Council to explore Calgary and the area. If you have never been to the Canadian Rockies you may want to allow a day to take a trip to Banff, which is only about an hour and a half’s drive west of Calgary.
We will work hard together during the five days of General Council. We will share in worship, in discussions, in decision making, and I hope in fun and reconnecting with others from across this country of ours.
As more information becomes available we will endeavour to keep this website up to date.
GC44 Planning Committee
- Sue Brodrick, Chair
- Allan Buckingham, Business Committee Chair
- Graham Brownmiller, Worship Committee Chair
- Nancy Nourse, Local Arrangements Committee Chair
- Katie Vardy, Youth Forum Coordinator
- Tony Snow, Indigenous Resource Person
- Richard Bott, Moderator
- Nora Sanders, General Secretary
- Treena Duncan, Chinook Winds Regional Council Executive Minister
Staff Resources for the GC44 Planning Committee
- Shirley Welch, Business Committee Staff
- Jamie Wilder, Hospitality Coordinator
- Sue Fortner, Staff Support to Planning Committee
- Bev Oag, Event Coordinator
- Amy Crawford, Youth Forum Coordinator
- Alydia Smith, Worship Committee Staff
I am looking forward to the next 18 months planning this great event for you.
Chair, GC44 Planning Committee