Home Group Leaders are key to the success of Youth Forum as they care for and support youth delegates. The planning team of Youth Forum at GC44 is seeking qualified individuals to act as Home Group Leaders during the online Youth Forum Winter Retreat February 4–6 2022, meeting at least monthly through March to June, and then throughout the General Council meeting taking place July 22-26. Home Groups are an integral to the experience, providing an open and inclusive space to meet other young people from across the church, to foster a community of deep relationships, to share ideas and process information, as well as providing structure around Duty of Care and accountability. Good leadership of these groups is crucial for the success of Youth Forum.
All Home Group Leaders will
- be at least 21 years old as of February 1, 2022
- take part in Home Group Leader training prior to February 4, 2022
- become familiar with and help realize the goals and vision of the planning team
- uphold and live out the community standards as identified by the planning team individually and as a collaborative group at all times throughout the General Council
- participate in regular check-ins with, and be accountable to, the Home Group Leader Coordinator
- lead Home Group meetings during scheduled times to offer safety, care, community, support, challenge, and fun to their assigned group of participants
- be responsible for appropriate Duty of Care, ensuring that all of their Home Group participants are safe, adhering to covenant and community guidelines
- partner with event chaplains as need arises, and
- provide a valid police records check upon acceptance of this position.
Food gift cards (what fun is a church event without food?) will be offered for February, and an honorarium of $750 will be offered upon completion of all requirements.
Application deadline: January 14, 2022
Complete the application form to apply.